1. I did not publish one post last week. I *wrote* one — it’s still pending, I’m not crazy about it. But I never got around to editing it, shaping into what I want it to be.
I’m a little busy, as you might imagine.
2. I am going to start an anonymous site called Open Office Hell. It will be about all the transgressions I witness now on a daily basis.
I gotta perfect stealth picture taking with my phone.
3. On Saturday, I had the choice to run around like a headless chicken before getting my ass to LTYM rehearsal, or, basically, not doing that. i decided on the latter. I got up, did a yoga workout — note: chaturanga push-up are HARD, people — ate breakfast and had coffee, hung out with my children, and cleaned as much as I was able. I got the laundry next door; harassed the girls into doing their chores; vacuumed the front room, dining room, and stairs; organized the shoes, which seems to be an ongoing challenge; and wrote out the Costco list for Dan.
M followed me around, asking me to play with him. And finally, at 11 a.m., I sat down with him and we played Trouble, then did a puzzle together. The girls were outside, and over at Bella’s, because I had taken all the screens away from them. Thirty minutes of one-on-one time with my 4-year-old was way better than mopping my kitchen floor.
4. Hillary Clinton is officially running for president. Fine, good, very well.
Here’s the thing that I can’t take right now: Nearly two years of campaign bullshit. The Republicans are a hot mess thanks to the Tea Party, but obviously have to put someone in the race. Probably Jeb Bush — so we’ll have another Clinton-Bush race for the White House.
And let’s face it. It’s going to be ugly. It’s going to be sexist; it’s going to reveal the ugly truth of politics, that money controls all these people; and it’s going to stoke the crazies on the right because Benghazi. Know what I’m saying?
I’m probably going to have to check out of social media at some point, and I may have to stop going to some family events until it’s all over. Unless we explicitly agree not to talk politics.
5. So far, very few people are coming to Kate’s First Holy Communion party, and I’m feeling bummed out about it. More people have RSVP’ed no than have RSVP’ed at all. So if you got an invitation, please let me know you’re coming — no church is involved for you heathens (whom I love!). Just a picnic!
6. LTYM Updates:
a. We had rehearsal in the venue on Saturday. It’s a lovely space, and I think it’s going to serve us well in terms of standing and reading, or sitting and listening as we will be doing during the show. I was nervous about the microphone, but I think it’s going to be fine.
b. Stage lights are HOT. So, I need to take that into account as the dress search continues. I had picked this one (thanks to @mattieflap who did most of my shopping for me) from ModCloth, but the size I ordered was too small. I think don’t the right size is going to work with the long sitting time under the lights.
c. SO, I still don’t have a dress. I’m trying not to panic. I need a natural fabric; a dress with some structure to it; and something that is also comfortable to sit and move in. I’m thinking some kind of maxi dress — of which I have a couple that can work in a pinch.
d. Tina made us all CDs!
I think we should take this “baby” song idea and run with it! What songs would you add?