1. Despite being home alone from about 2 p.m to 8 p.m. on Saturday, I did not finish getting through the pile of paper. I made progress, but not enough. I’m going to try to finish up this week. So much of it needs to be recycled, shredded, or trashed. Why can I not get a handle on this?
Anyone have a way of dealing with the daily mail and school paperwork that prevents piles? Do please share.
2. Here’s my tough guy at the beginning of the Tough Mudder:
He made it. He started at 11:17 a.m. and crossed the finish line at 3:58 p.m.
The Tough Mudder is aptly named. He rinsed off and donated those shoes.
I am so proud of my man!
3. Current television shows I am embroiled in: Orange is the New Black, Season 2; and Breaking Bad, Season 2. I watch television about seriously screwed up people. While I was home alone sorting paper, I managed to get three more episodes into OITNB, and two more episodes into Breaking Bad. Dan and I watch the latter together, and he just finished Season 2 without me. Stinker.
4. Our dear nanny Kim is accepting a full-time teaching job. In Baton Rouge, Louisiana. While I am very glad that she’s finally gotten a full-time gig, we will be sad to see her go. She’s quite sad, herself. I will have more to say about Kim and how amazing she’s been as a nanny.
5. The girls start school on Thursday, and M will be starting preschool the week after Labor Day. It has been a terrific summer all the way around. Onward and upward, I suppose!
What was your favorite thing about this summer?