Confession: I wanted to call this “Random Thoughts: The Penis Hurts Edition”. Just to see if my clicks from Twitter would spike.
1. Monday was not a good day. Michael woke up in a pool of his own vomit, Kate was *actually* sick (fever of 100.5).
2. I got home at 2 p.m. Michael was sleeping at my ILs; Kate was hanging out there. My ILs had errands to run, so Kate and I were pretty well stranded until M woke up.
3. M woke up at 2:30, crying. I went to get him. As soon as he saw me, he placed his hands over his (clothed, diapered) groin and sobbed, “Penis hurts.”
Now, no one wants to hear that.
4. When I changed his diaper, I could see why he peep would hurt. His scrotum looked very red and irritated, there was a red line on the underside of his penis. He had been having diarrhea on and off all day, so clearly, things were getting dire.
I called the pediatrician.
5. Upshot of ped visit: Ear infection (he’s had a cold for a little over a week now) (no fever), for which he would get oral antibiotics AND ear drops. The skin around his penis was irritated to the point of infection, so he gets a special cream for his special business too.
To review: M woke up in his own vomit, and his penis hurt. He’s living the life of a rock and roll musician. #precocious
7. M ***HATES*** medicine of any and all types. I have to burrito him for ear (or eye) drops, and it takes two of us for oral meds. Solutions (thank you, Twitter!): Applesauce, pudding, Sprite. ON IT!
8. Tuesday Flora woke up with a fever. Kate was better (temperature-wise), but cranky as all get out.
Flora had gotten up at some ungodly hour (are there really ungodly hours?), and, once she heard she’d be spending the day at Daddy’s office, was dressed and ready by 7:30 a.m. Bookbag, shoes and coat, lunch. Ready to walk out the door. I coulda killed her.
9. Today finds all the kids “healthy” if cranky (mostly Flora). It finds me needing to go a hundred different directions, and not one of them is to my bed with a book and a mug of hot chocolate, which I find massively unfair.
10. Rest of week: a violin concert at Flora’s school; the midnight showing of The Hobbit (oh, how I love my husband, clearly); M’s 2-year-old well child visit; my work Christmas luncheon. All before Saturday. This weekend, Dan and I are hoping to get the tree up, and I need to start wrapping gifts. Someone, come steal my children for a few hours? I’ll take them back, I promise!
What’s on your laundry list?
4 thoughts on “Random Thoughts: The Laundry List Edition”
Penis hurt and woke up in own vomit? The heck with calling him N’at… the boy’s name should be Axl.
Back when I was married and we had to give her kid pills he didn’t want (and had become adept at palming or storing for later spitting out), we’d grind them into powder and put them in applesauce. Or pudding or whatever. I know you said ‘applesauce’ but didn’t say if the pills were ground or not.
Let’s not give N’at any ideas, now. And the oral medication is liquid. no grinding necessary. 🙂
Other than the fact that both of my children seem to have lost the ability to sleep in their own beds resulting in me being as tired as I was with newborns my laundry list is much nicer than yours. Saturday will be my 20th consecutive Christmas Party, so there is much cooking and cleaning to be done. The toy drive I’ve been running winds up on Tuesday, so there are some pick up, drop off and online account maintenance items to deal with for that as well.
My FIL is supposed to visit this weekend, which will be a help, but he and my MIL are currently with my SIL. My nephew was due on Monday, so they’ve been waiting. If SIL goes into labor FIL will cancel his visit, which may mean I need a last minute babysitter.
Oh, babysitter! That is one unpleasantry on my list. I completely forgot to plan ahead for the fact that daycare closes from December 24 – January 1. The weekends plus Christmas Eve, Christmas, NYE and New Year’s my husband and I are off anyway, but that leaves the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I could take them off, but my husband can’t. That means all day alone with both kids which is doable but exhausting, particularly since I’m not used to the SAHM thing. I’m trying to get sitters, but that will of course cost money at a time of year when the stuff is more scarce than usual. Sigh.
Dan and I are still scrambling for that Wed and Thurs. Looks like I may be taking an extra day, but I definitely can’t take both.