1. DearDR is bound and determined to lease a car. We talked it to death this weekend — when we started talking to each other again — and it’s just what is going to happen. He made some very good points that were backed up by research, so I’m all: “Go to it.” We should *fingers crossed* have a new-ish car this weekend.
2. Monkey lately has been Li’l Miss Malaprop. When she gets a boo-boo, she asks if it’s going to “bleet”. Today in the car, she asked what extinct meant (they’re talking about dinosaurs in preschool). I explained that it meant there weren’t any left. “Like the dinosaurs,” I said.”They aren’t any dinosaurs alive.”
“Yay!” she yelled in the back seat. “Dinosaurs aren’t allowed!”
3. Holy cats! They are talking about dinosaurs in preschool! What’s up with that? May be time for a trip to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History.
4. In addition to watching Mamma Mia! this weekend, I watched Stardust. What a great little movie! I loved the book — I love Neil Gaiman’s writing — and I’m so glad the movie was enjoyable. If your tastes run to The Princess Bride or Harry Potter or the Narnia movies (I’m looking at you, N), you won’t be disappointed.
5. Not having a washer at my disposal stinks. DearDR, in addition to finding that car this weekend, has to fix that hose. I hope it’s just the hose leaking.
6. Anyone have experience baking with a preschooler? Monkey and I made pretty good chocolate chocolate chip cookies on our snow day, but it felt very challenging to me: “Don’t put your fingers in the batter. Don’t pick your nose and then touch the spoon. Wash your hands again. No, you can’t have more chocolate chips.” Am I doing something wrong??
7. I am not the most confident of bakers in any case. I love to cook — I should really get back to Meatless Monday around here, try some new recipes. But baking is not a strong point of mine. And, no, I did not bake from scratch. Monkey opened a box of Jiffy Devil Food cake mix at my in-laws while we were staying there, and I had to do something with it.
8. I am pretty sure that the only reason Monkey wanted to help me bake cookies was to lick the spoon.
9. My driveway is a sheet of ice. I have to solve this problem, if not this year, then before the first snowfall next year. I am thinking of looking around for a plowing service. In the meantime, I think DearDR and I need to get a ton of sand and/or kitty litter.
10. There was a flock of 31 turkeys in my front yard and driveway the other day. And a turkey slipping on ice? Is pretty funny looking.
11. DearDR wants to do something for Valentine’s Day. I’ve never been big on Valentine’s Day.
12. And, yes, that may have something to do with Dave M dumping me on Valentine’s Day in sixth grade.
13. So, what should we do?