You know, today (yesterday by the time this posts) was the longest day of the year!
Believe me, I’m feeling it.
Lifted from the ever-funny Ms. Gina.
Hope I make it to the zoo tomorrow.
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you get?
If I am forced to buy snacks at a gas station for myself, it’s going to be potato chips, French onion dip, a Milky Way and caffeine-free coke. If my kids are involved, probably a slushy — or the most healthful snacks one can find in a gas station.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
It would be pretty cool to be an octopus. It’d be nice to have extra arms (or legs?) for once — I’m always wishing for at least one more hand quite often these days.
3. Who’s your favorite redhead?
My mom. (And I’ve a lot to pick from in my family alone: two red-headed nephews, five redheaded cousins, their parents (both red heads) and my redheaded sister-in-law.)
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP?
I have never ventured into an IHOP. I would order a pile of fruit-topped pancakes, though. Sure, leave on the whipped cream. And coffee!
5. Last book you read?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I’m making my way through all seven books this summer. I took a bit of a hiatus, because four Harry Potter books in a row is a lot of J.K Rowlings to take.
6. Describe your mood.
Anxious. Ready for the weekend.
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
Recently I was standing over Bun when she decided to jump. Her noggin — and all 25 pounds of baby fat behind it — went into the left side of my nose and left eye socket. I discovered what getting punched in the eye would feel like.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
N! We could get caught up on everything, talk about books and movies, share some wine (we’d have some wine, right?), and reminsce about our shared past. Which means N would remind me of all the stuff (good and painfully embarrassing) we had been through together.
9. Rock concert or symphony?
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone?
A flower (came with the phone). To my credit, I have had pics of my kids on there, but I haven’t used my phone’s camera in awhile.
11. Favorite soda?
A soda has ice cream in it, and I am going with a root beer float. If you mean pop, then caffeine-free Coke.
12. What type of shirt are you wearing?
Bright orange T-shirt from Target. It’s casual Friday.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation?
14. Most recent movie you have watched in theater?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
15. Name an actor/actress/singer you have had the hots for.
Naveen Andrews. Holy cow, that guy is just… almost beyond words, how sexy he is. Also, since the question is “have had”: Hugh Jackson. Although, really, Wolverine.
16. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
Chocolate with chocolate icing. This is the type of cake I ordered for Bun’s first birthday, and people hated me. I had no clue it would be such an unpopular choice. I quite enjoyed it, though. Bun had a little of the smash cake (yellow cake).
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
Channa masala (home made) and rice.
18. Look to your left, what do you see?
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
If they are tie shoes, yes. If they are flip-flops, no.
20. Favorite toy as a child?
21. Do you buy your own groceries?
Who the hell else is going to do it?
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
In a mean way? No. I’m actually pretty nice. In a good way? Possibly. About how unbelievably smart I am and/ or how hot I am for a mother over 35 years old? In my dreams.
23. Gummy Worms or Hershey Kisses?
Kisses. Hershey or otherwise!
24. What’s your favorite fruit?
I love spring/summer fruit, berries and melons. But a good, crunchy Gala apple will do the trick, too.
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
No, but my parents probably do.
26. Do you like running long distances?
I used to run, and I did love it. I’m not sure 4 miles qualifies as a long distance though.
27. What is your secret trash food pleasure?
I don’t really like trash food. If junk food is what is meant here: see #1.
28. What color are your bedsheets?
This week: green with little white dots.
29. What’s your favorite flower?
Tulips. Except for yellow ones (I don’t know why).
30. Do you do ballet?
31. Do you listen to classical music?
Does Baby Einstein stuff count? No? Then, no. My musical tastes are not what one would call refined.
32. What is the first TV Theme song that pops in your head?
None really pop in there — I had to think about this one. I barely watch TV. It’s a tie between the song for “Greatest American Hero” and “Dora”.
33. Are you really worried about Global warming?
YES! I like my current job a lot, but I wish it was one to which I could take a bus instead of driving 30 minutes. Still trying to talk DearDR into a possible move, but it doesn’t seem likely. But the gas prices and the knowledge of what I am contributing to in terms of pollution are killin’ me.
34. What temperature is it outside right now?
35. Do people consider you smart?
Yes. And you know what, they’re right!
36. On what occasions do you lie?
I tend to lie by omission. Especially about money and what I might have spent it on. Like a bright orange T-shirt from Target. (It was $6!) Especially to DearDR (if one can said to lie to someone by omission).
37. Are you signed on [to] AIM?
No. I’m not sure what exactly this is — instant messaging of some brand?
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
Er, no. Why would I? Why would anyone?
39. How do you feel about your family?
They are the absolutely best thing that has ever happened to me; my kids are by far the best thing I have done/will ever do. Even if I ever manage to write a best-selling book or two.
40. Do you have an iPod?
I have a Shuffle. I have used it exactly once since it was given to me (by a former boss — he gave the whole office one).
41. What time do you go to bed?
Usually around 10:30 p.m. Yeah, I’m a pansy.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Which CD player? In the car, I have a children’s jazz album (i.e. Ella Fitzgerald singing “Old MacDonald”); Pearl Jam Live on Two Legs; two U2 albums, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and All You Can’t Leave Behind; and Hole Celebrity Skin. In the CD player at home, I think it’s Death Cab for Cutie Plans, Wilco Summerteeth, Billy Bragg and Wilco Mermaid Avenue and Old 97s Fight Songs. Aren’t you glad you asked?
43. What movie do you know every line to?
The Princess Bride.
44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
45. What do you want for Christmas this year?
World peace. Lower gas prices. My kids to have a great time. And for everyone to remember/acknowledge why it’s called Christmas.
46. What family member/friend lives the farthest from you? Where?
I have distant relatives in Ireland. For true!
47. Do you like hugs?
From my children, husband, (most) other family members, and close friends: very much yes. From people I don’t know so well, no.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Interviewing for my current job — the second face-to-face was especially intense because I wanted the job, but I was afraid I wasn’t going to get paid well. I was so relieved when I read the offer letter.
49. What’s the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
My married name is slaughtered regularly.
50. Last person you hugged?
Monkey, before bed last night. My children will be the next people I hug, too, when I pick them up from Day Care Lady’s today. Frankly, I spend most of my huggin’ on my children. It’s only right.